Friday, January 11, 2013

I Love My Job

I love being a teacher.  I've only been at Hubbard Elementary 4 days, and I know I'm still in the honeymoon period but the kids are fantastic.  Not to say there haven't been some trying classes, most certainly there have, but I know they are just trying to feel me out.  They are so excited about learning and exploring new things in art.  I tried crayon rubbing landscapes with my kindergarten, being brave on the first day.  When the students saw the patterns from the texture plate appear on their pictures, excitement lit up in their eyes.  They shared their landscapes with any other student they could saying "LOOK! LOOK!"I had a blast helping them. This evening after school a parent brought by a cake to welcome me.  It was the sweetest gesture.  The photo doesn't give it justice, this cake is HUGE! It took 2 people to carry and couldn't fit into any of the fridges.


Room/Project photos to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment